STORIES TO BE LIVED & TOLD - FOR ADVENTUROUS SPIRITS
VIRTUAL PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND
PATHWAYS OF DISCIPLESHIP IN THE
FOOTPRINTS OF THE FOUR GOSPELS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For almost 2000 years Christian pilgrims have been making the journey to the Holy Land to experience first-hand the sites where Jesus lived and conducted his ministry. Rightly, Pope Benedict XVI writes in his Verbum Domini: “The stones on which our Redeemer walked are still charged with his memory and continue to ‘cry out’ the Good News. For this reason, the Synod Fathers recalled the felicitous phrase which speaks of the Holy Land as ‘the Fifth Gospel.’ - The more we turn our eyes and our hearts to the earthly Jerusalem, the more will our yearning be kindled for the heavenly Jerusalem [...].”
Now, have you ever wondered how it would feel to walk where Jesus walked, how it would feel to journey back to first-century Galilean Judaism and to follow Jesus of Nazareth as one of his disciples?
Have you ever wondered how it would feel to immerse yourself in the cultural-religious context of First Century Jewish culture with its customs, beliefs, practices, and traditions in which Jesus of Nazareth lived?
How would your understanding of the Gospel be affected?
This is what the first “Virtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land” wants to be: an opportunity to travel across time, culture, and space to get to know the figure of Jesus of Nazareth from within first-century Judaism, within the religious and cultural world in which both Jesus and his first disciples lived, the very stage from which they delivered the Good News and the message of the Kingdom.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many sessions are part of this program?
The program, “Virtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land,” includes 10 sessions (one session per week) of 1 hour and 45 minutes each.
Do I have to register to all of the sessions?
No you don't.
Each session is conceived as a stand-alone unit on its own so that you can choose whether to participate in all of the ten sessions of this series or only in those in which you are interested.
How is each session organized?
Each session will have three different complementary modules:
MODULE #1: Video-Documentary (Length: 30 minutes).
MODULE #2: Biblical Archaeological PowerPoint Presentation (Length: 30 minutes).
MODULE # 1: The first module, based on the program released by Ascension Press, “Jesus: the Way, the Truth, and the Light,” includes a video-documentary that will introduce participants to specific sites related to particular segments of Jesus’ life and ministry. Every video has been filmed on location in the Holy Land.
MODULE # 2: The second module, a Biblical-Archaeological PowerPoint Presentation of the sites presented in the video-documentary, will enable participants to place themselves in the historical, cultural, and religious fabric of Jesus’ world and to establish Jesus of Nazareth within the context of first-century Judaism that shaped his ministry and that of those who followed him.
MODULE # 3: The third module will offer a close reading of selected biblical texts from the Gospels that are related to the sites previously visited and studied in Module #1 and Module #2. Participants will experience how reading the Gospels in their original settings and contexts can enlighten their understanding of Jesus’ message and ministry.
Whom this program is for?
The program is open to all. No previous experience in Scripture study is necessary.
How much time does the program require?
Even though you are free to study in a manner that suits your learning style, we recommend that you review the material presented during the session and that you read the article(s) given at the end of each session.
What am I going to learn through this program?
By blending Scriptures, Biblical Archeology and the early Fathers of the Church the “Virtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land” will take you on a fascinating tour of the Jewish world of Jesus of Nazareth allowing you to:
- live both an educational journey and a thought-provoking transforming experience;
- explore the Jewish world of Jesus;
- read the Gospels in the setting of first-century Judaism, the world in which Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected;
- gain new insights and understanding of the meaning and significance of Jesus’ mission and ministry;
- be more aware of what Jesus of Nazareth was teaching 2,000 years ago.
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THEM
- Apr 09, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Kiriath-Jearim (Emmaus) - Mt Arbel - Jerusalem: Hill of the Ascension.
- Apr 02, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM EDTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: SPEND THE HOLY TRIDUUM IN JERUSALEM! Jerusalem: Christian Sion - Cenacle - Garden of Gethsemane - Saint Peter in Gallicantu - Ecce Homo - Holy Sepulcher - Garden Tombs.
- Mar 29, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: SPEND THE HOLY WEEK IN JERUSALEM! Bethany - Jerusalem: Mount of Olives - Dominus Flevit - Josaphat Valley - Esplanade - Western Wall
- Mar 25, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Tabgha, Caesarea Philippi, Mount Tabor, Nain.
- Mar 22, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Judean Desert - Wadi Qelt (Valley of Shadow of Death) - Old Road Jerusalem-Jericho - Jericho.
- Mar 18, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PMOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Mount of Beatitudes - Magdala - Bethsaida.
- Mar 11, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Sepphoris - Nazareth (Synagogue) - Lake of Tiberias - Capernaum.
- Mar 04, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ESTOnline Zoom EventVirtual Pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Dead Sea, Jordan River, Mt. of Temptations, Qumran, Masada.
947 Park Street
Attleboro, MA 02703
Monday - Friday 10am-4pm